Matt is the CEO at Fernleaf and has over 12 years of experience supporting groups and communities in planning and making informed decisions on climate resilience and adaptation strategies. At Fernleaf, Matt manages the Resilience Service, Product, and Business Development teams. Matt has specialized expertise in conducting vulnerability and risk assessments and has provided climate resilience decision support services and tools to dozens of communities across the U.S. This includes using NOAA’s Steps to Resilience framework and Fernleaf’s AccelAdapt tool, a platform that provides resilience assessments to support practitioners and decision makers within local government.
A few recent communities Matt and his team have worked with include:
- Charleston, SC,
- The Coastal Resilience Partnership in Southeast Palm Beach County,
- The City of West Palm Beach,
- Tallahassee, FL,
- The City of North Miami, FL
- Triangle Region of North Carolina,
- The City of New Bern, NC, and
- Asheville, NC and the Land of Sky 5-County Region
Matt has a Masters Degree from the University of North Carolina in Asheville and is a member of the American Society of Adaptation Professionals.